Holiday Dinner Kit
small kits serve 4 – 6, large kits serve 6 – 8
total preparation time: 4 – 5 hours
For the Turkey
3 hours before you want to begin cooking your Turkey, remove from fridge and allow to come to room temperature. Doing so allows the turkey to cook more evenly.
- Preheat oven to 325 ̊F.
- In the foil tray provided, place the Turkey on the middle rack and cook until the thigh is 145-150F.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for minimum 1 hour. The turkey will continue to cook while resting.
- You may decide to heat the turkey right before serving. If so, place it back in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
For the Prime Rib Roast
3-4 hours before you want to begin cooking your Prime Rib Roast, remove from fridge and season the roast with provided seasoning packet.
Season all sides evenly and let stand at room temperature until cooking time.
- Preheat oven to 250 ̊F.
- In the foil tray provided, place the Prime Rib roast in the centre of the oven.
- Cook for 3 hours or until desired temperature. Use a probe thermometer to check the internal temperature of the roast. When checking for internal temperature, you are looking for the coolest temperature that you can find. In this case, it would be right up against the bone.
- Remove the roast from the oven at the following temperatures for desired doneness:
For Rare: 112 ̊F
For Medium Rare: 118 ̊F
For Medium: 125 ̊F
For Medium Well: 135 ̊F
- Allow the Prime Rib Roast to rest for a minimum of 1 hour.
- With the Prime Rib Roast resting, Pre-heat oven to 450 ̊F.
- For the Red Wine Jus
•Gently warm the Red Wine Jus in a sauce pan on low heat
- Finishing the Prime Rib Roast
•Now that the Prime Rib Roast is fully rested and the Thanksgiving Sides are ready, Place the Prime Rib Roast back into the 450 ̊F oven for 10 minutes to crisp up the outside.
- Carve and serve.
For the Turkey Stuffing
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 ̊F.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or firm to the touch and warm inside.
For the Turkey Gravy
- Place gravy in a saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle boil, stir gently and serve once warmed
For the Brussels Sprouts
- Remove plastic lid and place foil tray into pre-heated oven.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes or until hot in the centre.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
For the Peas and Carrots
- Place the peas and carrots together in a wide based pot, add a pinch of salt, a tablespoon of butter and 100ml of either chicken broth or water.
- Place the pot over a high heat. Once the butter melts and the broth / water starts to bubble turn the heat down to medium and continue to cook until the water has evaporated and the butter coats all of the vegetables.
- Check the seasoning then serve
For the Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Remove lid.
- Place the tray containing the potatoes directly onto the oven shelf.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until warmed thoroughly.