Elisa Truffle Chicken
serves 2 – 4 | cooking time: 90 minutes
3.5 lb chicken, lemon, garlic, thyme, tarragon, burgundy truffle
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- In the foil tray provided, place the chicken in the centre of the oven with the breast facing towards the back. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Rotate the chicken 180˚ with the breast now facing the front of the oven. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375˚F. Cook for an additional 45 minutes, rotating the chicken 180˚ every 15 minutes. Total cooking time is 75 minutes (steps 2 – 4). The chicken should be rotated a total of 5 times.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Take the chicken out of the foil tray and set aside to rest for 15 minutes. Keep the tray with juices.
- Spoon the excess drippings and sediment from the tray into a small sauce pan. Add 100 ml of water (or chicken broth if available) and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter to the sauce mixture and stir or whisk to dissolve. Add a pinch of salt and, if available, freshly chopped parsley.
- Carve the chicken and serve the sauce on the side.