Chef Andrew’s Steak Guide
Grilling Tips from Elisa’s Executive Chef
- Season both sides of the steak with salt alone before cooking. This helps develop an excellent crust.
- Olive oil and black pepper are only applied once the meat is removed from the grill and resting. Applying before cooking makes both become acrid and bitter.
GRILLING OVER FIRE
- For best results when cooking over fire; cook over the coals, ash, and embers rather than the fire itself.
- For best results when using a range; use a heavy-bottomed pan preheated to high
- Coat the bottom of the pan with canola oil and heat before adding the steak
RESTING YOUR STEAK
- Once the steak is removed from the grill, remember to rest the meat.
- The appropriate resting time is approximately the same amount of time needed to cook the meat.