Valentine’s Day Dinner Kit
total preparation time: 50-60 minutes
For the Beef Wellington
- Preheat oven to 400˚F on convection setting if your oven has it.
- Place on an oven safe tray.
- Place tray in preheated oven for 20 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove from oven and allow beef wellington to rest for 20 minutes.
- While beef wellington is resting, heat two medium sized sauté pans over medium heat.
For the Mushroom Risotto
- Place the risotto base in a pot – add a pinch of salt the mushrooms and the chicken stock.
- Place over a high heat then turn down to a gentle simmer.
- Continue to stir until the chicken stick has reduced by 1/2.
- Draw away from the high heat and add the cheese and truffle butter.
- On a low heat stir until both the cheese and butter are melted.
- Check the seasoning adding more salt if necessary.
- Stir in the chives to finish.
For the Broccolini
- Warm 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the broccolini and a pinch of salt.
- Toss the broccolini in the oil as they cook for approximately 4-5 minutes or until warm and lightly caramelized.
Plating your Beef Wellington Dinner
- Cut the beef wellington in half and split onto two dinner plates.
- Evenly distribute carrots and potatoes on each plate.
- Gently spoon red wine jus onto each plate.