Mother’s Day Dinner Kit
total preparation time: 50-60 minutes
For the Bone-in Tenderloins
- 25-30 minutes before you start cooking, remove steaks from fridge and allow to temper.
- Generously season steaks with salt (all sides).
- Pre-heat heavy bottomed pan on high.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with canola oil and heat before adding the steak.
- Place the steaks in the pan, searing for 1-2 minutes or until a nice brown crust has developed.
- Turn steaks, and repeat process.
- Put 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan with the steaks and baste for 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness:
For Rare: 110˚F
For Medium Rare: 115˚F
For Medium: 125˚F
For Medium Well: 135˚F
- Remove from pan, season with pepper and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes (while resting start working on the risotto and broccolini sides).
For the Risotto
- Place the risotto base in a pot – add a pinch of salt the mushrooms and the chicken stock.
- Place over a high heat then turn down to a gentle simmer.
- Continue to stir until the chicken stick has reduced by 1/2.
- Draw away from the high heat and add the cheese and truffle butter.
- On a low heat stir until both the cheese and butter are melted.
- Check the seasoning adding more salt if necessary.
- Stir in the chives to finish.
For the Broccolini
- Warm 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the broccolini and a pinch of salt.
- Toss the broccolini in the oil as they cook for approximately 4-5 minutes or until warm and lightly caramelized.