Prime Rib Roast
total preparation time: 3 hours
3-4 hours before you want to begin cooking your Prime Rib Roast, remove from fridge and season the roast with the seasoning packet provided.
Ensure all sides of the roast are seasoned evenly and let stand at room temperature until cooking time.
- Preheat oven to 250˚F.
- In the foil tray provided, place the Prime Rib roast in the centre of the oven.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches desired doneness (see below), approximately 2.5 hours for 2 bone roast or 3 hours for 3 bone roast. Use a probe thermometer to check the internal temperature of the roast.
When checking for internal temperature, you are looking for the coolest temperature that you can find. In this case, it would be right up against the bone.
- Remove the roast from the oven at the following temperatures for desired doneness:
For Rare: 110˚F
For Medium Rare: 115˚F
For Medium: 125˚F
For Medium Well: 135˚F
- Allow the Prime Rib Roast to rest for a minimum of 1 hour.
- With the Prime Rib Roast resting, pre-heat oven to 450˚F.
- For the Red Wine Jus.
Gently warm the Red Wine Jus in a sauce pan on low heat.
- Finishing the Prime Rib Roast.
Now that the Prime Rib Roast is fully rested, place the Prime Rib Roast back into the 450˚F oven for 10 minutes to crisp up the outside.
- Carve and serve.